It’s freezing out there! Our Omaha NE plumbing service department has been swamped with frozen pipe calls these past few days!
Tim (our awesome Service guy) has some tips to help you from being one of these plumbing calls!
TIPS FROM TIM: 🤙🏼
1. Open the cabinet doors under kitchen or bathroom sink so the heat can circulate around the pipes. (Please keep chemicals up and away from children when doing this) 🚪🚪
2. When it’s freezing outside, let cold water drip from the faucets that serve exposed pipes. Letting water run through those pipes (even just a trickle), helps prevent pipes from freezing.
3. Keep your home or businesses thermostat set at the same temperature day and night during the cold weather. – especially if you’re going out of town during below freezing temps.
4. Keep garage doors closed as much as possible during the cold months.
5. Check for supply lines or pipes in attic and garage that may be exposed, and put some insulation around the area to prevent freezing. (Things like heat tape or a pipe sleeve can serve well in these exposed water pipes)
6. If you haven’t yet taken your garden hoses off the spigot yet, please do!!! You’ve gotten very lucky if you haven’t had a pipe freeze. Close the inside valve that supply the outdoor hose bibs & keep the outside spigots open so any remaining water in the pipes can expel without causing a pipe to break.❄💦
We hope you’ve enjoyed these tips from Tim here at Big Birge Plumbing in Omaha NE & you’ll be able to have a warm, toasty and frozen pipe-free home!
If you do end up having a frozen pipe in the Omaha area you just cannot seem to unfreeze or that has burst…. please call us at Big Birge Plumbing! 402-575-0102
170+ Years of Combined Experience
Licensed, Bonded & Insured
Exceptional Customer Service
Clean, Trustworthy Plumbers
Family Owned & Operated
Install USA-Made Products
We’re Personable & Friendly